Solar panels are more popular than ever because of increasing concerns about climate change and the desire to reduce energy bills. As of 2019, 46 percent of U.S. homeowners said they have seriously considered installing solar panels on their homes. Currently, residents of mountain states lead the nation in consumers who have already installed them, followed by Pacific and northeastern states. Here’s why solar panels are so popular—and why you should see the many benefits for yourself.
Reasons for Installing Solar Panels
Of Americans who are seriously considering solar panels, 96 percent said they were considering installation because they wanted to save on energy costs, 87 percent wanted to begin using more environmentally friendly energy sources, and 67 percent were interested in the solar federal tax credit. Yet there are even more benefits to these sustainable energy sources:
- They are becoming increasingly affordable. Since 2014, the cost of solar photovoltaic (PV) panels has dropped by almost 70 percent. The market for them has become more competitive, driving prices down. In fact, the cost of PV panels is now comparable to conventional energy sources.
- The solar industry fosters rapid job growth in the U.S. You can support the American economy and the environment alike with a new set of panels.
- They increase the value of your home. In addition to harnessing advanced eco-friendly technology, these energy sources make homes less reliant on power grids. Reduced utility costs also make solar-powered homes more attractive to buyers.
- They are easy to install. You can hire installation specialists, but you may very well be able to install some kinds of solar panels yourself.
- They are low-maintenance energy sources. There are very few costs associated with maintaining solar panels once they are installed; they should only need to be serviced about once per year.
- The savings in energy costs help solar panels pay for themselves. You can use this tool to find out how long it will take your utility savings to pay off the cost of solar panels.
Get Financing for Solar Photovoltaic Panels
Michiganders can get financing for solar photovoltaic panels, energy efficient appliances, and other energy-saving upgrades with Michigan Saves. And making your home more efficient can save you cash now and all year long. Michigan Saves financing can help you quickly turn your house into a comfortable and energy efficient home by paying for virtually any energy upgrade you need.
Get professional help from one of our authorized Michigan contractors in your area and cozy up to energy savings with us today!