Michigan Saves invites proposals from professional, innovative website design and development companies with demonstrated capabilities to help redesign the Michigan Saves website. It is our intent to select one or more companies to accomplish the services outlined in this request for proposals (RFP).
Overview of Michigan Saves
Michigan Saves is a nonprofit dedicated to making energy improvements easier for all Michigan energy consumers. To accomplish this, Michigan Saves operates as a green bank, making affordable financing and incentives available through partnerships with private-sector lenders and energy providers. We also authorize and monitor a network of contractors and recognize those with advanced training while providing technical assistance for customers and contractors alike. Our current portfolio includes programs for residential, commercial, and municipal customers, and supports energy-efficiency, geothermal, and solar photovoltaic projects. See MichiganSaves.org for more information.
After nearly a decade of operations and having closely examined how other major green lending organizations represent themselves, Michigan Saves recognized the need to update its brand identity. As the nation’s first nonprofit green bank and a leader in the green banking industry, we saw an opportunity to further differentiate ourselves from our peers while showcasing our highly engineered, well-conceived products and services. In light of this, we recently worked with a third-party design firm to develop a new brand that we believe sets us apart from other industry players, affording us more freedom and creativity in reaching our target audiences. As we move forward with the implementation of our new brand, Michigan Saves seeks counsel and technical assistance in building and designing a website that reflects our reputable brand and authority in the clean energy industry while also ensuring:
- Improved overall website experience
- A responsive user interface that is accessible on desktop, laptop, and mobile devices
- Best practices for accessible content
- Clearly defined content for distinct target audiences, including customers (residential and commercial) and contractors
- Creative, sharp design and utilization of interactive elements to promote user engagement
- Document security
- Search engine optimization (SEO) in coordination with Michigan Saves’ SEO strategy
- Optimization to generate leads, especially for the “find a contractor” tool and newsletter subscription
- Recognition as a national resource in energy efficiency and renewable energy
Scope of Work
The successful company(ies) will provide website design and development services to help Michigan Saves redesign its website. Specifically, the company will:
- Provide strategic counsel on the process and best practices for website redesign in conjunction with the new brand launch
- Augment Michigan Saves’ and Public Sector Consultants’ (PSC’s) (managing firm of Michigan Saves) capacity and skills to develop the new website
- Work in tandem with, and provide technical assistance and training to, Michigan Saves and PSC staff on building the website structure and design, as well as maintaining the website, including adding and editing copy, media, and forms
- Conduct research on WordPress (our current website platform) designs and themes to select a layout that complements the organization’s new branding
Responses to RFP
Responses to this RFP should:
- Provide a brief narrative of the company and its qualifications and experience
- Specify the company’s area(s) of expertise and unique characteristics that set it apart and how those strengths will benefit Michigan Saves’ website and brand
- Provide three recent (within the last three years) examples of websites the company has designed/developed for projects in similar size or scope
- Provide pricing (per hour or by person)
- Articulate the way in which the company expects to communicate with the Michigan Saves team, and identify what information the company would need from us to be successful in our collaboration
- Provide any other pertinent information about the company
Bidders may include any other information that they believe Michigan Saves should consider. Please limit responses to a maximum of two pages. Michigan Saves will treat all responses as confidential. Michigan Saves is not liable for any costs incurred by applicants in responding to this RFP.
Please submit responses by sending an email to Tanya Baker at email@example.com.
Hard-copy responses may be sent to:
230 N. Washington Square, Ste. 300
Lansing, MI 48933
Electronic submission is preferred.
The deadline for response is 5:00 PM EST on April 26, 2019.
After reviewing the responses, Michigan Saves may contact one or more respondents to discuss their bid. Michigan Saves expects to select the winning bidder(s) by May 10, 2019.