Michigan Saves invites proposals from professional, innovative video and multimedia development companies with demonstrated capabilities to produce a series of videos that showcase our organization’s value and services. It is our intent to select one or more companies to accomplish the services outlined in this request for proposals (RFP).
Overview of Michigan Saves
Michigan Saves is a nonprofit dedicated to making energy improvements easier for all Michigan energy consumers. To accomplish this, Michigan Saves operates as a green bank, making affordable financing and incentives available through partnerships with private-sector lenders and energy providers. We also authorize and monitor a network of contractors and recognize those with advanced training while providing technical assistance for customers and contractors alike. Our current portfolio includes programs for residential, commercial, and municipal customers, and supports energy-efficiency, geothermal, and solar photovoltaic projects. See MichiganSaves.org for more information.
As we move forward with the implementation of our new brand, Michigan Saves is seeking a videographer to produce new video content that incorporates and reinforces our new branding. As part of this endeavor, we are specifically seeking the following items:
- A customer-facing welcome/overview video (likely animated) that highlights who we are and what we do
- A contractor-facing video that, like the overview video, explains our organization and value to contractors, and why they should become a part of our contractor network
- A series of customer success stories or vignettes that can be used throughout our website and social media, and adapted as needed for various purposes to showcase the meaningful impact we have on customers
- B-roll footage that can be used in the above-mentioned videos and for various purposes, including microcontent and other ad hoc video requests
Scope of Work
The successful company will provide videography services, including preproduction, production, and postproduction assistance, to help Michigan Saves create new and compelling video content. Specifically, the company will:
- Provide strategic counsel and preproduction planning to explore best practices and creative ideas, provide recommendations, coordinate interviews and shooting schedules, and help manage the project
- Travel to capture interviews and b-roll footage
- Edit and distribute video, including providing access to raw and final video content for archival and future use, sound mixing, providing color correction services, exporting, making requested changes, etc.
Michigan Saves expects to award the video production services contract to a company or companies that:
- Propose the best approach to the work, which will be evaluated by demonstrated ability and past experience in providing the required services, including:
- Developing video ideas and content in the pre- and postproduction phases that demonstrate impactful storytelling
- Developing clear steps to quickly accomplish the scope of work by the end of 2019
- Delivering the requested services at competitive pricing
- Providing raw and final video content in high-quality formats that can be used across various mediums
Responses to RFP
Responses to this RFP should:
- Provide a brief narrative of the company and its qualifications and experience
- Specify the company’s area(s) of expertise and unique characteristics that set it apart and how those strengths will benefit Michigan Saves’ video content and brand
- Provide five recent (within the last three years) examples of video footage the company has produced that demonstrate the depth and breadth of its video skills
- Provide pricing (per hour or by person)
Bidders may include any other information that they believe Michigan Saves should consider. Please limit responses to a maximum of two pages. Michigan Saves will treat all responses as confidential. Michigan Saves is not liable for any costs incurred by applicants in responding to this RFP.
Please submit responses by sending an email to Tanya Baker at email@example.com.
Hard-copy responses may be sent to:
230 N. Washington Sq., Ste. 300
Lansing, MI 48933
Electronic submission is preferred.
The deadline for response is 5:00 PM EST on Thursday, October 24, 2019.
After reviewing the responses, Michigan Saves may contact one or more respondents to discuss their bid. Michigan Saves expects to select the winning bidder(s) by Thursday, October 31, 2019.