Michigan Saves invites proposals from professional, innovative video and multimedia development companies with demonstrated capabilities to produce a series of videos that showcase our organization’s value and services. It is our intent to select one company to accomplish the services outlined in this request for proposals (RFP).
Overview of Michigan Saves
Michigan Saves is a nonprofit dedicated to making energy improvements easier for all Michigan energy consumers. To accomplish this, Michigan Saves operates as a green bank, making affordable financing and incentives available through partnerships with private-sector lenders and energy providers. We also authorize and monitor a network of contractors and recognize those with advanced training while providing technical assistance for customers and contractors alike. Our current portfolio includes programs for residential, commercial, and municipal customers, and supports energy-efficiency, geothermal, and solar photovoltaic projects. See MichiganSaves.org for more information.
As we move forward with the implementation of our new brand, Michigan Saves is seeking a videographer to produce new video content that incorporates and reinforces our new branding. As part of this endeavor, we are specifically seeking the following items:
- A contractor-facing video that explains our organization and value to contractors, and why they should become a part of our contractor network
- A series of customer success stories or vignettes that can be used throughout our website and social media, and adapted as needed for various purposes to showcase the meaningful impact we have on customers
- B-roll footage that can be used in the above-mentioned videos and for various purposes, including microcontent and other ad hoc video requests
Scope of Work
The successful company will provide videography services, including preproduction, production, and postproduction assistance, to help Michigan Saves create new and compelling video content. Specifically, the company will:
- Provide strategic counsel as well as preproduction planning and research to explore best practices and creative concepts that fit the Michigan Saves brand
- Provide messaging recommendations and assistance
- Outline a clear process and timeline that details how the project will be managed for its duration
- Coordinate interviews and shooting schedules
- Travel to capture interviews and b-roll footage
- Edit and distribute video, including providing access to raw and final video content for archival and future use, sound mixing, providing color correction services, exporting, making requested changes, etc.
Michigan Saves expects to award the video production services contract to a company that:
- Proposes the best approach to the work, which will be evaluated by demonstrated ability and past experience in providing the required services, including:
- Developing video ideas and content in the pre- and postproduction phases that incorporates research, best practices, and impactful storytelling
- Developing clear steps for project management—including a creative brief that outlines key messages and timelines for script development, storyboarding, shooting schedules, and video distribution—to quickly accomplish the scope of work by spring 2020
- Delivering the requested services at competitive pricing
- Providing raw and final video content in high-quality formats that can be used across various mediums
Responses to RFP
Responses to this RFP should:
- Provide a brief narrative of the company and its qualifications and experience
- Specify the company’s area(s) of expertise and unique characteristics that set it apart from the competition and how those strengths will benefit Michigan Saves’ video content and brand
- Detail the company’s approach to providing the required services mentioned above
- Provide five recent (within the last three years) examples of video footage the company has produced that demonstrate the depth and breadth of its video skills and how that expertise can be put to work for Michigan Saves
- Provide pricing (per hour or by person) in addition to any pertinent pricing details related to travel and other out-of-pocket expenses
Bidders may include any other information that they believe Michigan Saves should consider. Please limit responses to a maximum of two pages. Michigan Saves will treat all responses as confidential. Michigan Saves is not liable for any costs incurred by applicants in responding to this RFP.
Please submit responses by sending an email to Tanya Baker at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hard-copy responses may be sent to:
230 N. Washington Sq., Ste. 300
Lansing, MI 48933
Electronic submission is preferred.
The deadline for response is 5:00 PM EST on Friday, January 24, 2020.
After reviewing the responses, Michigan Saves may contact one or more respondents to discuss their bid. Michigan Saves expects to select the winning bidder by Monday, February 10, 2020.